Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pets

I love my pets. We have a small menagerie of animals here at the house. There are 2 cats that are 8 years old. (Varmit and Chubbie) These two we had before we had the kids. They have never really liked me at all and are mostly in love with my DH who feeds them on a regular basis. They thought they had the run of the house until we got the "little" Kittie.



Little Kittie came on the scene about a year ago. The kind people across the street rescued him after someone had set him out at our church. They asked us several times if we wanted a kitten. Each time we declined. Two cats are enough. But little Kittie had other ideas. He decided he to could enter our house through the pet door and partake in the eating of the kibble. I am no expert, but I believe if you feed the animal, it decides to sleep in your basement, and your five year old names it, somehow it becomes yours. So it was with little Kittie.



Jack is another matter all together. He is my 12 week old Cockerpoo. I say mine because DH did not really want him, but somehow I convinced him it was a good idea to get a puppy. I was going through a little depressive state because my DD was off to kindergarten and I needed a baby to take care of.
DD (5) asked at dinner one night, "When can I be the big sister?" To which her dad answered, "When we get a puppy." and the rest is history.
Don't get me wrong, I love Jack, but he is driving me nuts. We are working on potty training him. He has decided that the area rug in the living room makes a whole lot better bathroom than that big green carpet outside by the tree. I now spend most of my time on the floor with the rag and carpet cleaner/pet stain remover.
I know this is a process and eventually he will be able to control his bladder and the accidents will hopefully lessen. (To say stop is too optimistic at this point). But for now, I could just scream at times!!!



So, right now Varmit is cornered on the kitchen counter, while Jack is standing in the kitchen barking at her because he can't reach her. I could scream!!! But, that would just add to the noise level in the house, and the neighbors might call the police. So for now, I will just go scold Jack then pick Varmit up and take her outside.

No comments: